SIMCA (SocietÓ Industriale Macchine Cucitrici Automatiche - Automatic Industrial Stitching Machine Company) with headquarters and factory at Modena was first established in 1957 when it immediately began specializing in the automatic stitching machine industry using metal wire for stitching lightweight cardboard and wooden packages.
In 1971 SIMCA was taken over by the CORALI group, leading manufacturer, in both Italy and abroad, of automatic and semi-automatic wood working lines for the market gardening sector and industry in general.
In 1977 SIMCA began manufacturing cardboard processing machines. The next major event in the development of SIMCA was the planning of a line of slotter and casemakers noteable for their totally revolutionary concepts and leading edge technology.
Today SIMCA is recognized as the technological
leader in the manufacture of cardboard stitching machines
in Europe. In particular, SIMCA is responsible for
introducing and patenting the so called "pendular
system" which permits the continuous feed of the
process material, together with a special stitching head
with speeds of over 1300/1500 stitches per minute.